Heat Hero system retails at €280 inc VAT.
Heat Hero consists of two manifolds a return injector manifold and a flow injector manifold, which are easily fitted on the gravity flow and return of a solid fuel open vented heating system.
The flow manifold is an all-around 1′ inch injector Tee, which directs the hot water from the stove through the circulation pump and straight to the radiators and hot water. When the pump switches off the flow manifold allows the water to travel safely through the stove on gravity.
The return manifold consists of a 1′ inch injector and a 3/4′ Inch injector. The 1′ inch injector directs the return water from the radiators back to the stove. The 3/4′ Inch injector directs the hot water around the cylinder coil. When the pump switches off the return manifold allows the water to travel safely through the stove on gravity.
The advantages of Heat Hero are:
1. Heat Hero creates pressure in the system and protects the expansion from pitching.
When a circulation pump is installed on the radiator flow this creates pressure in the heating system, and stops the water rising up into the open air vent. For this reason, with Heat Hero any sized circulation pump that the heating system requires can be used without any possibility of the water travelling up the expansion.
2. Heat Hero pumps the hot water to the cylinder.
With the circulation pump installed on the radiator flow suction is created around the boiler stove and the hot water cylinder coil. The Heat Hero return manifold directs the radiator return water through an injector and back to the stove and also directs hot water through an injector to the cylinder coil. This allows the cylinder to always get heated both with gravity and also with the pump.
Heat Hero does not affect the safety of an open vented heating system. With Heat Hero the heating system remains open and safe at all times
4. Heat Hero allows a boiler stove to perform as efficiently as it was made to.
Heat Hero allows boiler stoves to work to their maximum efficiency – heating all radiators, hot water and by burning less fuel, saving on heating bills and getting a warmer home.
Heat Hero is a one off installation and can be easily fitted with new and existing boiler stove installations to improve efficiency.
I have attached some diagrams showing Heat Hero installations.
Two of the main problems with solid fuel open vented heating systems at the moment:
1. Almost all solid fuel open vented heating systems have the circulation pump fitted on the radiator return. When the pump switches on, pumping towards the expansion will cause the hot water to rise into the expansion tank. This makes the heating system weak and can result in pitching into the expansion tank in the attic, poor circulation around some of the far away radiators. Also in dual systems such as solid fuel/oil or solid fuel/gas where both systems operate together, pumping towards the expansion makes both systems weak.
2. Also, with this system, gravity is relied on to heat the hot water cylinder. This can be a problem when the cylinder is not fitted close enough to the boiler stove. The pipe thermostat needs to be set at a higher temperature, the circulation pump will not circulate as much hot water and the stove will burn more fuel giving less heat to the radiators.
Also, please follow the following link to view our Heat Hero Video;
and our manual and other information is available on our website www.heathero.ie and